Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> writes:
> I think we should work on generating a lot of func.sgml.  Particularly the
> signature etc should just come from pg_proc.dat, it's pointlessly painful to
> generate that by hand. And for a lot of the functions we should probably move
> the existing func.sgml comments to the description in pg_proc.dat.

Where are you going to get the examples and text descriptions from?
(And no, I don't agree that the pg_description string should match
what's in the docs.  The description string has to be a short
one-liner in just about every case.)

This sounds to me like it would be a painful exercise with not a
lot of benefit in the end.

I do agree with Andrew that splitting func.sgml into multiple files
would be beneficial.

                        regards, tom lane