    https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F16%2F&q=current_setting
<https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F16%2F&q=current_setting>

    <https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F16%2F&q=current_setting
<https://www.postgresql.org/search/?u=%2Fdocs%2F16%2F&q=current_setting>>

    One problem is that this search URL does not actually produce any
    useful
    information about current_setting.

I see what you mean, but doesn't that imply our web search feature is weak?  That's the full name of an existing function, and it's in the index. But it cannot be found if searched from the website?

Maybe it's weak, or maybe we are using it wrong, I don't know.

\h has always been (a) local help, and (b) help specifically about SQL commands. If we are going to vastly expand the scope, we need to think it through more thoroughly. I could see some kind of \onlinehelp command, or maybe even redesigning \h altogether.

Also, as you say, the function is in the documentation index, so there should be a deterministic way to go directly to exactly the target destination. Maybe the full-text search functionality of the web site is the wrong interface for that.