On 4/30/24 12:57, jian he wrote:
On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 10:26 AM David Steele <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:

Since bb766cde cannot be readily applied to older commits in master I'm
unable to continue bisecting to find the ALTER TABLE behavioral change.

This seems to leave me with manual code inspection and there have been a
lot of changes in this area, so I'm hoping somebody will know why this
ALTER TABLE change happened before I start digging into it.

probably this commit:
https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/postgresql.git/commit/?id=0cd711271d42b0888d36f8eda50e1092c2fed4b3

Hmm, I don't think so since the problem already existed in bb766cde, which was committed on Apr 8 vs Apr 19 for the above patch.

Probably I'll need to figure out which exact part of bb766cde fixes the event trigger issue so I can backpatch just that part and continue bisecting.

Regards,
-David