On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 2:50 PM Rajan Pandey <rajanpandey2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I just installed Postgres and pg_tle extension as I was looking
> to contribute to pg_tle.
>
> Somehow, I am unable to update the shared_preload_libraries. It feels like
> ALTER has happened but the SPL value is not updated:
>>
>> test=# show shared_preload_libraries;
>>  shared_preload_libraries
>> --------------------------
>>
>> (1 row)
>>
>> test=# ALTER SYSTEM SET shared_preload_libraries TO 'pg_tle';
>> ALTER SYSTEM
>> test=# SELECT pg_reload_conf();
>>  pg_reload_conf
>> ----------------
>> (1 row)
>>
>> test=# show shared_preload_libraries;
>>  shared_preload_libraries
>> --------------------------
>>
>> (1 row)
>>
>> test=#
>

> I'm unable to open the postgresql.conf file to update it either. I provided
> the correct macbook password above. But it is not accepted! :/
>>
>> rajanx@b0be835adb74 postgresql % cat
>> /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.auto.conf
>> cat: /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.auto.conf: Permission denied
>>
>> rajanx@b0be835adb74 postgresql % su cat
>> /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.auto.conf
>> Password:
>> su: Sorry

It seems you're trying to use the su command to switch to another user
to read a file, but the su command is not the appropriate command for
this purpose on macOS.

If you want to read a file located in another user's directory, and
you have the necessary permissions to access that file, you can simply
use the cat command without su. Here's how you can do it: