> On 10 May 2024, at 06:04, Michael Paquier <mich...@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> Attached is an updated patch for now

Can you, please, add some more comments regarding purpose of private data?
I somewhat lost understanding of the discussion for a week or so. And I hoped
to grasp the idea of private_data from resulting code. But I cannot do so from
current patch version...

I see that you store condition in private_data. So "private" means that this is
a data specific to extension, do I understand it right?

As long as I started anyway, I also want to ask some more stupid questions:
1. Where is the border between responsibility of an extension and the core
part? I mean can we define in simple words what functionality must be in
extension?
2. If we have some concurrency issues, why can't we just protect everything
with one giant LWLock\SpinLock. We have some locking model instead of
serializing access from enter until exit.

Most probably, this was discussed somewhere, but I could not find it.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.