On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 11:22:08AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Since json (and yaml/xml) is intended to be machine-readable I think we use a
> single unit for all values, and document this fact.

Agreed with the documentation gap.  Another thing that could be worth
considering is to add the units aside with the numerical values, say:
"Memory Used": {"value": 23432, "units": "bytes"}

That would require changing ExplainProperty() so as the units are
showed in some shape, while still being readable when parsed.  I
wouldn't recommend doing that in v17, but perhaps v18 could do better?

Units are also ignored for the XML and yaml outputs.
--
Michael