On Wed, 15 May 2024 at 11:49, Peter Eisentraut <pe...@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> Yeah, some of this is becoming quite unwieldy, if we document and
> mention each spelling variant of each option everywhere.
>
> Maybe if the original problem is that the option --config-file is not
> explicitly in the --help output, let's add it to the --help output?

I definitely think it would be useful to list this --config variant in
more places, imho it's nicer than the -c variant. Especially in the
PGOPTIONS docs it would be useful. People are already using it in the
wild and I regressed on support for that in PgBouncer by accident:
https://github.com/pgbouncer/pgbouncer/pull/1064