On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 11:25:34AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think that we need to get a more definitive answer to the question
> of whether command-line editing works or not. I have the impression
> that it never has. If it's started working, we should establish that
> for certain and probably also establish what made it start working; if
> it works provided you do X, Y, or Z, we should establish what those
> things are.

Right.

> I'm cool with adding diff to the list of dependencies.

This makes sense also to me, still the patch is not completely right
because it has been adding diff in the list for build dependencies.
Perhaps this should just be a new list.

> I'd prefer to see us update the other links rather than delete them.

Okay.  I'm not sure where this patch is going, so I am going to
withdraw it for now.  The state of Windows is going to be a topic at
the next pgconf.dev, anyway.
--
Michael