On 17.05.24 08:09, Yasir wrote:
I have been playing with PG on the Windows platform recently. An annoying thing I faced is that a lot of Visual Studio's temp files kept appearing in git changed files. Therefore, I am submitting this very trivial patch to ignore these temp files.

Our general recommendation is that you put such things into your personal global git ignore file.

For example, I have in ~/.gitconfig

[core]
        excludesFile = ~/.gitexcludes

and then in ~/.gitexcludes I have various ignores that are specific to my local tooling.

That way we don't have to maintain ignore lists for all the tools in the world in the PostgreSQL source tree.