On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 17:30, Jonathan S. Katz <jk...@postgresql.org> wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2018, at 5:26 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johns...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Saturday, August 18, 2018, Jonathan S. Katz <jk...@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> It’s cosmetic, but it’s a cosmetic bug: it incorrectly tells the user
>> that they
>> must be the owner of the “relational” when in reality it’s the
>> materialized view.
>>

> Materialized views are a type of relation so it is not wrong, just one of
> many instances where we generalize to "relation" based in implementation
> details ins team of being explicit about which type of relation is being
> affected.

So why bother having the error message in the code at all then ? Clearly it
was the intent of the author to use this language, unfortunately there was
no test to prove that it works.

This is a simple fix why push back ? Additionally it clarifies exactly what
the problem is for the user as Jonathan points out.

Dave