On 9/13/21 8:19 AM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 08:23:44PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 07:44:47PM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
Hi Tomas,

Just noted that this query crash the server. Execute it in the
regression database:

If I'm not wrong, this is the crash fixed by e1fbe1181 in April.

Could you check what HEAD your server is compiled from ?

That was with yesterday's head but trying with today's head this
same update works fine.

Maybe there is something else happening here, will try to investigate
tomorrow.

Per the backtrace the value is very close to 0

    delta = -1.1641532182693481e-08

so I suspect this might be a rounding error when calculating the delta as a difference between two inet values. That's harmless in practice, but it may trigger the assert.

I wonder if the delta should be calculated differently. Currently we calculate it "byte by byte" adding up the smaller differences. But that has this rounding issue.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company