All,

I'm considering a new design for a specialized table am. It would simplify
the design if TIDs grew forever and I didn't have to implement TID reuse
logic.

The current 48 bit TID is big, but I can see extreme situations where it
might not be quite big enough. If every row that gets updated needs a TID,
and something like an IoT app is updating huge numbers of rows per second
using multiple connections in parallel, there might be a problem. This is
especially true if each connection requests a batch of TIDs and then
doesn't use all of them.

Are there any plans in the works to widen the TID?

I saw some notes on this in the Zedstore project, but there hasn't been
much activity in that project for almost a year.

Chris

--
Chris Cleveland
312-339-2677 mobile