Right -- AFAICS, the only change in COPY compatibility would be if you
COPY TO'd a table and then changed the logical column order in some
fashion, you would no longer be able to restore the dump (unless you
specified a column list for the COPY FROM -- which, btw, pg_dump
does). I don't think it will be a problem, I just thought I'd mention
it.

Well it's the same problem as if you'd dropped a column in the middle of the table.

BTW, one main consideration is that all the postgres admin apps will now need to support ORDER BY attlognum for 7.5+.

Chris

http://archives.postgresql.org