On 4. feb 2004, at 20:51, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Neil Conway wrote:
David Helgason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I needed these, so I went and implemented them myself.

I didn't see any followup to this: do we want to include this in the main tree, contrib/, or not at all?
getbit sounds a lot like what substring() does. So perhaps setbit could
actually be handled by replace()? That would be a more general
solution (since it would handle more than one bit at a time).

I sort of agree, but it's currently documented like I implemented it (afaics), so it's a simple thing to include.

I feel a bit bad for not having done a full patch with test-cases and .bki modifications etc., but it seemed a pretty daunting task (for my schedule at least).

Hope someone can use it though.

David Helgason,
Over the Edge Entertainments

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings