Hello all!

I've been eyeing providing links between the previously separated documentation books, e.g., linking this sentence "Please familiarize yourself with the pg_dump reference page." in the backup and restore section <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/backup.html> to the applicable reference page. I haven't gone through all of the docs yet (there are a lot of them!) and right now I'm just looking for obvious linking possibilities of the "see foo" variety. Is anyone else working on something like this? Is it worthwhile?

If so, I've got a question as to style. My first idea was not to change the text at all, and just replace (in the above example) "pg_dump" with <xref linkend="APP-PGDUMP">. Should I be rewriting these sections or is what I'm doing agreeable? (Might not be a bad idea to work up a style book for the documentation to guide writing, but that's a project in and of itself.)

If everything seems fine, I'll see if I can't figure out how to submit a patch.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend