[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi there,

Is is possible to stop all user access to postgres, but still give access to admin?
Just temporarily, not a security setup.

Something like, stop all users but allow user x and y.
You could restart in single user mode, or alter pg_hba.conf to allow the users you want and disallow all other users.

single user mode will require you have direct access to the machine to do the alterations.

using pg_hba.conf will not disconnect existing users as far as I'm aware.

That's the best advice I can offer, maybe somebody else will be able to give you more

thx