On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:

On 1/25/07, Teodor Sigaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's should clear enough for now - dump data from old db and load into new one.
But dump should be without any contrib/tsearch2 related functions.

Upgrading from 8.1.x to 8.2.x was not tivial because of very trivial
change in API (actually not really API but the content of "pg_ts_*"
tables): russian snowball stemming function was forked to 2 different
ones, for koi8 and utf8 encodings. So, as I  dumped my pg_ts_* tables
data (to keep my tsearch2 settings), I saw errors during restoration
(btw, why didn't you keep old russian stemmer function name as a
synonym to koi8 variant?) -- so, I had to change my dump file
manually, because I didn't manage to follow "tsearch2 best practices"

sed and grep did the trick.

(to use some kind of "bootstrap" script that creates tsearch2
configuration you need from default one -- using several INSERTs and
UPDATEs). And there were no upgrade notes for tsearch2.

This is unfair, you promised to write upgrade notes and we discussed the
problem with name change before release and I rely on you. It was my fault,
of course.

        Regards,
                Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83