I dont think we solved this.. But I think the way to put -m64 should be same as in Linux and Solaris and not different.

Thanks.
Regards,
Jignesh

Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Am Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2007 17:12 schrieb Tom Lane:
"Jignesh K. Shah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
simple if I use -m64 for 64 bit then all end binaries are generated
64-bit and the shared libraries are generated 32-bit and the compilation
fails (ONLY ON SOLARIS) since that particular line is only for the
condition Solaris AND gcc.

If I use the COMPILER which is CC + CFLAGS it passes -m64 properly to it
and generates shared libraries 64-bit and the compile continues..
Hmm ... I see we're doing it that way already for some other platforms,
but I can't help thinking it's a kluge.  Wouldn't the correct answer be
that -m64 needs to be in LDFLAGS?

The correct answer may be to put -m64 into CC.

Did we conclude that that was a satisfactory solution, or is this still
a live patch proposal?

If -m64 in CC is the right solution, it should probably be mentioned in
FAQ_Solaris.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq