hi, you could do it in a easier way, first put real names for the fields in your
form:
               <input type="text" name="login">

               <input type="text" name="group">

               <input type="text" name="pasword">
, second you could do this:
INSERT INTO $table_name (id, login, group, password) VALUES ('', '$login',
$group', '$password')
try this...

luck...

Vanstaen Laurent wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I have a few questions about PHP and databases :
>
> - how do you insert a character string into a database when it is stored in an
> array ? For example I have the name of a person in an array called "$name" and
> when I insert it into the field "name" in my table, I get a field with "array"
> written in it.
>
> - I have a form, where users fill in several pieces of information (login,
> forename, lastname, age, etc ...). When I submit the form, I get the following
> error : "Unknown column 'foo' in 'field list' " where foo is the information
> that was typed in the form in the field login for example. Has anyone
> encountered such problem before ??
>
> Laurent Vanstaen

Romeo Manzur
Web Application Developer