Domonique,

To use ODBC from Linux under PHP, you will need to link PHP with a Driver
Manager.
iODBC is a free, Open Source Driver Manager available at www.iodbc.org.
Your configure will have to include --with-iodbc=/path/to/odbcsdk
More information is available in the PHP HOWTOs at www.iodbc.org.

You may use any ODBC driver with iODBC.    I don't know if the driver you
mention has Informix support,
but if you are looking for a comparative driver I'm sure you will be pleased
with OpenLink's Multi-Tier ODBC Driver.

It supports Informix and can be downloaded for free with a 2-connection
license from our site.
Free support for installation is available at
http://www.openlinksw.com/support/suppindx.htm.

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers