Hi Georgina,
If projectID or moduleID is a number and not a varchar, you would remove the
' enclosing the values.
WHERE projectID=$projectID   vs WHERE projectID='$projectID'

Regards,
Philippe

"Georgina Elaine Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit dans le message news:
000801c18272$8189aa10$[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Can anybody help me! I've been getting a error message like this for the
last few days.

Warning: OCIStmtExecute: ORA-01722: invalid number on line 49
Array

Every time I try to enter a project using a HTML form

Line 49 in apparently the line that says:
$result = OCIExecute(ins_statement);

Below is the code I am trying to use:
//insert relevant values into the project table

$insert = "insert into PROJECT values ('$projectID', '$moduleID', $keyID,
'$title', '$originator', '$softwareHardware', '$specialSkills', '$status',
'$externalAgreement', '$background',  '$tasks', '$steps', '$references')";

 //formulate the query

            $query = "select projectID, moduleID, title, originator,
softwareHardware, specialSkills, status, externalAgreement,

            background, tasks, steps, references from PROJECT WHERE
projectID='$projectID'";

            //parse the two statements

            $ins_statement = OCIParse ($connection, $insert);

            $qry_statement = OCIParse ($connection, $query);

            //execute the first insert statement and print error message if
there is an error

            $result = OCIExecute($ins_statement);

            if (!$result)

            {

                        echo OCIError($ins_statement)."<p>";

                        exit;

            }

          //execute the query statement

            OCIExecute($qry_statement);

             //retrieve the results of the query statement and present them
in the following way

            while (ocifetch($qry_statement))

            { etc.etc.