Thanks for you help!

First I tried flush privileges and I have tried to reboot mysql.  I am
running into a problem if I use user @localhost or @mysite.com.  I have
tried setting up the user with both those domains inside both mysql.User and
mysql.db.  I have used [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] both with success.

I can still connect on the command line but not using mysql connect, I get
the following error:

Warning: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) in
3rdpage.php on line 123

I'm at a loss...

/T

PS: sorry about the cross posting, it won't happen again...