Luke, Good point, this list is set up different in that "Reply" ONLY replies
to the individual poster, not the list.  Have to use "reply to all".

I have added the list address to this post. To all concerned,  this thread
contains some "off list" conversation that may be of interest, particularly
to the original poster.

Luke, I agree, both methods will probably work well, as you said, 'depending
on the situation'.
To expand on the issue of retrieving previously posted data into a
multi-tabbed form.  In this case, I would normally show the user a list of
the form with the historical data to allow reviewing one tab at a time.
Just like loading any normal edit/view form, but with the tabs breaking up
the form into individual "parts" of the same record.  Edits and updates are
performed and posted using a similar process to the original post but using
an UPDATE WHERE instead of an INSERT INTO statement.

List, Sorry if this post is ugly.  Delete as necessary.