Your script actually connects to an SMTP server and sends the email?

If this is the case, you can have your script look for success/error messages returned by the server when it sends - unless you're delivering to an AOL address. AOL accepts everything you throw at it and then sends back a notification of success/failure via email...sometimes. There are a few other servers that act the same way, but AOL is the biggest culprit in making an email list manager's life a living hell.

I've actually been kicking around the idea of a PHP-based list manager that will also go through bounce notifications but haven't done anything more than that. The biggest hurdle is getting through the bounced messages.

--JMR

Graeme McLaren wrote:

Evening all, I've written a script which sends emails, there is no problem
with that.  I was wondering how I can check for email bounces, anyone know
how to do that?

Cheers,

G :)