js wrote:

p.s.- im using PHP with MySQL... if that helps any. thanks i want to
know what i can use to count the number of times a value appears in a
column listing where different values are listed. for example, say in
the column of Favorite Number we have 100 students, and for each
student his or her own row. and each student can pick a number from
1-10. So, we have a column of 100 rows and each field can contain
either 1-10.    Now, i want to know how can i count the number of
times  lets say the #2 appears in this list and give that count a
number. so if #2 appears 43 times in that column, then i want it to
say "2 is listed 43 times."  how do i do this? thank you for your
help with my beginner newbie questions. -james

Did you really review your question much?

Do you have a php script that has connected to the database already?

-Robby

-- Robby Russell, | Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer Command Prompt, Inc. | http://www.commandprompt.com [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Telephone: (503) 222.2783