I have Windows 2000 on my system. I have installed Apache 2 and it seems to
work fine, when I test it, it goes to the 'localhost' dir.

PHP is the problem, I have tried about 5 different websites's installation
manuals to no avail. I have tried to do a manual installation

I have downloaded PHP 4.3.9  and have unzipped it into C:/php

Apache is installed in 'c:/program files/ apache group/apache2'

I have changed the php.ini-recommended file to php.ini, then I have copied
it with the php4ts.dll  and  php4apache2.dll and all the dll's from the dlls
folder to both my system and system32 folders in the WINNT folder on the c:/

Before I have done this I have changed the following files in the

php.ini file;

Short_open_tag = on >off

Magic_quotes_gpc = on>off

Session.save_path = "c:/temp"

(a temp folder was created on the c:)

doc_root = "c:\Program Files\Apache Group\ Apache2\htdocs"

extentions_dir =  "C:\PHP\extentions"

in the Apache httpd.conf.file

DokumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs">

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php

Loadmodule php4_module "C:/php/php4apache2.dll"

(php4apache2.dll is in the php folder)

.htaccess files  AllowOverride All

ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/php/"

AddType application/X-httpd-php .php

Action Application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

Can any one help me from this night mare?