[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have a table with between 100k and 200k rows. One field, `names`, is populated, in each row, with an imploded array of up to 4 names.

I require to create a list of names, without repeats, of all the names in `names` field to use in an html form.

Any advise would be appreciated.  I have no ideas on how to start.

The best option would be to normalise the data by breaking the names out to a separate table. However, if that's not feasible my suggestion is similar to that itoctopus sent, but a bit more memory efficient.

Inside the loop getting the records, do the following...

foreach (explode(',', $single_result['name']) as $name)
    $arr_all_names[$name] = 1;

Then after the loop, to get an array of the names...

$arr_all_names = array_keys($arr_all_names);

-Stut