does phpinfo(32) show the $action variable anywhere? If so just use the
global array variable it shows up under. Personally I'd just use the
$_GET['action'] alias.

You can safely turn register_globals on if you're the only guy that runs
scripts on that server and your scripts will never have to run on a server
where it is off. If not you should do it for yourself in .htaccess or with
ini_set(). Just be sure you are careful to initialize all internal variables
that don't come directly from user input.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]