> "The Doctor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Questions,  I have a
> > cusotmer using a basic username and password
> > verifier on a php Web Page.

> > This was working and suddenly with I redefined the php environment,
> > the php variables are not getting passed on.
> >
> > why?

Questions you should answer
1) What kind of authentication? htaccess/apache, mysqldb, etc..
2) Who wrote the authentication script? Is it part of the pear::Auth
class?
3) What did you do to redefine the php environment? Change the php.ini
file?

Just to throw a guess out based on what you have given already you
should check to see if the 'register_globals' option is set in php.ini.
Many configurations will have it turned off for security reasons but if
your authentication script was relying on them being turned on then it
will fail.

You can check the setting by either looking at the php.ini file in an
editor or by running the following on your webserver:

    <?php  phpinfo(); ?>

Good luck

- John Zimmerman
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]