On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Ben Houlton wrote:

> Now I get a blank page and all the code... that I can think of is the same...
> Look here:
> <HTML>
>
> <BODY>
>
> <?php
>
> $db = mysql_connect("localhost","root");
>
> mysql_select_db("kangaroo",$db);
>
> if ($submit) {
>
> if ($id) {
[snip]

Do this, to help us and you know your settings:

$info = array('rg'   => ini_get('register_globals'),
              'er'   => ini_get('error_reporting'),
              'de'   => ini_get('display_errors'),
              'id'   => $id,
              'id2'  => $_REQUEST['id'],
              'sub'  => $submit,
              'sub2' => $_REQUEST['submit']);

var_dump($info);

And now, read this entire page:

  http://www.php.net/variables.external

As you are not yet understanding what register_globals is and
btw it has nothing to do with the global keyword.  I am guessing
the above will show register_globals off and the variables you
assume exist do not really exist.  Read that manual page
for why, it should explain all of this to you.

Regards,
Philip