Tim,

Here is a function that we use to retrieve the title of the page

        function title($filename,$dir)
        {

        $loc = "$dir/$filename";
        if(@is_file("$loc/$filename"))
                {
                 $open=fopen("$loc/$filename","r");
                 while(!feof($open))
                   {
                         $line=fgets($open,255);
                         $string = $line;
                 while ( ereg( '<title>([^<]*)</title>(.*)', $string,
$regs ) )
                               {
                                   $string = $regs[2];
                 return $regs[1];