sounds like something was not initialized during your linux boot up

I havent run linux in a while but I seem to remember that after I compile my
applications I had to run another utility to make my new library active.  In
fact the same utility is/was part of my boot up commands in the RC files.
grrrrr for some reason i keep thinking ldconfig but I dont think thats it.
The utility updates a library table.

sorry if this is still unclear...

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]