From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Dear Sir,

You don't have to call me that unless you're in the military, also. :)

> I've been using PHP for business and personal use for a while now, and I
> have to admit, I'm not just a user anymore and I am a fan. but it's been a
> while I came across a problem : I use session variables a lot for security
> purposes but I notice that PHP doesn't hold the session variables when I
> go from one URL to another URL.These are 2 different domains but located
> on the same server and in my php.ini I set a separate temp folder outside
> of both of those domains' folders,
> do you have any idea how I can solve this problem ?...so far the only
> solution I've found is that I pass the session ID to that page that's on
> the other server and then I can get access to session variables. It's just

That's how you HAVE to do it. If I understand you correctly, you've already
got both sites storing their session files in the same directory. Passing
the SID between sites is the only way to maintain that same session.
Sessions normally use cookies, which are tied to a domain and will not be
sent when you switch domains, that's why you pass the SID.

> that if the person who is already logged in my system and they type in a
> different URL which is part my system also it's just a different URL , I
> lose them.

Nothing you can do about that. Get them to use links.

---John Holmes...