On Monday 23 February 2004 02:51 pm, Charlie Fiskeaux II wrote:
> Richard Davey wrote:
> > CFI> It's just a matter of development time; if there's a way to
> > CFI> use the Perl mail script with a PHP data saving script, it
> > CFI> would save time. If I do have to rewrite the whole thing in
> > CFI> PHP, how would I accept uploaded file attachments and attach
> > CFI> them to the emailed form results?
> >
> > Then how about in reverse? Add something to the end of the Perl script
> > that passes the values to a PHP script? It could even do it via the
> > query string, maybe also passing an md5 encoded password that only
> > your two scripts know (in order to stop someone spoofing your script).
>
> I don't think that would work because they will need to save
> without sending the form. But I had thought about the
> reverse: a PHP script that saves the data and then possibly
> passes it on to the Perl script.
>
> Do you or anyone else know how to pass on form results in
> PHP to another script? (Like I said, I'm pretty new to PHP...)

Well you could try using an HTTP 302 Found or 307 Temporary Redirect, but IIRC
clients must not redirect the request unless the response is received in
response to a GET or HEAD request, so you'd have to use GET. I seem to
remember reading something about uploading files, which is kinda difficult
with GET...

Possibly your best option would be to send a POST request through the HTTPD
via a socket- there are libraries out there to help you do this easily, try
PEAR, hotscripts, phpclasses, etc.

--
Evan Nemerson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]