I installed SuSE Linux 9.0 along with php.  The flag below is turned off
by default.  I could not send any vars with a post or get form.  I
turned it one and all works well.  The comments tell you not to turn it
on because of possible security issues and to code around it.  My
question is how do you send vars and session var from page to page
without it turned on?  Any info would be a big help.  Thanks for your
time.

; You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not
require
; register_globals to be on;  Using form variables as globals can easily
lead
; to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought
of.
register_globals = On

Patrick Fowler
Unix Admin/database Admin