Hello,

For some reason I am now having real difficulties removing and parsing some XML
files.  I think that if I can just strip out the <? & ?> that I should be able
to parse the XML (.CDF) file.  This should do it:
        $pagetext = eregi_replace('<?','',$pagetext);
        $pagetext = eregi_replace('?>','',$pagetext);

I've attached the whole CDF file at the bottom of this message.  However, I
think that the following should strip out the offending part as well:
        $pagetext = eregi_replace('.*/TITLE>','',$pagetext);

Unfortunately, for some reason it just isn't working for me.  I have other
scripts working just fine using similar code (on the same page).  However, this
just isn't working for me today.

Any suggestions on what I'm overlooking would be great.

Mike

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CHANNEL HREF="http://cbc.ca/business/">
<TITLE> CBC News </TITLE>
<ITEM
HREF="http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2001/03/29/stocksopen_010329">
 <TITLE>TSE at lowest close in 16 months</TITLE>
 <ABSTRACT>
More negative news from the technology sector helped drive the TSE 300  to its
lowest close in 16 months Thursday. And the tech-heavy Nasdaq  closed at its
lowest level since November 1998.
 </ABSTRACT>
</ITEM>
<ITEM
HREF="http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2001/03/29/OSCfakescam_010329">
 <TITLE>OSC sets up fake Web site to show online investing dangers </TITLE>
 <ABSTRACT>
A phoney Internet site that promised investors high returns with low  risk drew
thousands of visitors during an investigation run by the  Ontario Securities
Commission.
 </ABSTRACT>
</ITEM>
<ITEM
HREF="http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2001/03/28/cdnx010328">
 <TITLE>Canadian Venture Exchange approves TSE takeover plan</TITLE>
 <ABSTRACT>
The boards of directors of both the Toronto Stock Exchange and the  Canadian
Venture Exchange (CDNX) have both voted in principle to approve  the takeover of
the CDNX by the TSE.
 </ABSTRACT>
</ITEM>
</CHANNEL>

--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://openconcept.ca
Offering everything your organization needs for an effective web site.