> I'm trying to use socket_set_block and php.net says (php4 >= 4.2, php5).
>
> I'm using version 4.3.1 but I get this error
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  socket_set_block() in .....
>
> Any idea why this is? Has the name changed or been something else?
>
> socket_set_nonblock() work fine.

Strange as the name has not changed and the function
requires nothing special (no IF block around it), here's
the source:

 http://lxr.php.net/source/php-src/ext/sockets/sockets.c#715

Since socket_set_nonblock() exists you must have
the socket extension available so this is odd.
Are you sure this problem exists and it's not
something silly?  Seems like an impossible problem
assuming your php source wasn't modified :)

Regards,
Philip