On Wednesday 30 June 2004 01:17, Jason Williard wrote:
> I'm building a tool to process incoming mail.  So far, I have a script
> that receives mail that is piped to it.  I am able to process the mail
> without a problem.  However, the script causes a bounce message
> containing the output of the script.  Does anyone know how I can fix
> this?

1) It could be that your script does not exit with a valid (or expected) exit
code.

2) It could be that your MTA does not expect any output on STDOUT? *Should*
your mail processing program be sending output to STDOUT? With qmail any
output to STDOUT appears in the mail logs so it's useful for debugging, but
I'm not sure what the behaviour would be for other MTAs.