Hi, I'm having a problem with fopen and http files.  I keep getting the
error:

Warning: fopen(http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/series594.html )
[function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404
Not Found in /home/awilliam/public_html/rgfaidstest.php on line 15
http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/series594.html does not exist

Warning: fopen(http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/ser391.html )
http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/ser391.html does not exist

Warning: fopen(http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/ser392.html )
[function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404
Not Found in /home/awilliam/public_html/rgfaidstest.php on line 15
http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/ser392.html does not exist

I have a text file /home/awilliam/public_html/rgfaids containing URLs such
as:

http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/series594.html
http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/ser391.html
http://zed/htdocs/rgfindingaids/ser392.html

and I can bring up these URLs fine in a browser on the PC i'm running the
script on.

The following is my code:

<?

$filelist = fopen("/home/awilliam/public_html/rgfaids", "r");

if (!$filelist)
{
echo "error opening rgfaids";
exit;
}

while ( !feof($filelist))
{
$line = fgets($filelist, 99999);

$filetotest = fopen("$line", "r");

        if (!$filetotest)
        {
        echo "$line does not exist<br>";
        }
        elseif ($filetotest)
        {
        echo "$line does exist";

?>

But I don't understand why I am getting that error about failed to open
strem: HTTP request failed, when I can bring up the links fine in a
browser on the server running the php script.  So can anyone help me out?
Thanks