Teng Wang wrote:

I have a url containing some multi-byte characters. So I
need urlencode() to change these characters into the %xx
form. However, when I encode the whole url string, "/" is
also be encoded as "%2F". How to solve this problem? I don't
want to analyze the url string before/after urlencode().

According to my understanding this is the correct behaviour for url encode. The fact that your string is multibyte or not has little relevence in convertin '/' to %2f. You are unly supposed to use the urlencode() function on the query string or to be more precise on each value that you pass via the query string and NOT on the whole URL.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.