Richard,

Very good point, and you are correct, I am not looking to hire an army and spend tons of time and money on it.

I have since rethought this, thanks in part to this thread. I have decided to go with something more secure. Since I have a database of users already for the site on ServerA, I will just set up a cron job on ServerB that runs a script that queries that database and then adds, edits, removes users accordingly. That way the access of the shell is being done always by a trusted system only user. I will put an extra table in my database called something like "user_email_account_management_requests" and the remote script with check that for any tasks it needs to do.

Thanks again to all those who helped me with this. I have learned quite a bit and enjoyed it.

Best regards,
--
Jonathan Duncan
http://www.nacnud.com