Stuart Felenstein wrote:
> In my search page, the url returned comes back with
> the ..err I forget what it's called, but query string
> looks like this: %5B%5D=3.  I think the %5B and 5D
> should be [].
>
> What I think is needed is rawurldecode.  I've looked
> through my code and think it belongs somewhere in this
> block:

Don't guess.

Figure out *EXACTLY* where and when the URL is being encoded to Hex --
where it first appears in your scripts/database/application as %5B.

Decide if it's "right" for it to be in Hex at that point.

If it's not right for it to be Hex at that point, change it there.

You'll drive yourself crazy changing it here, where it's already in the
system in a format you don't want.

My *GUESS* is that you're taking the QUERY string and stuffing it into
your database.

Since you grab the raw query string, it's in Hex-encoded format.

Maybe that's a Good Thing to store in your database.

Maybe it's not.

All depends what you're going to do with it in the *REST* of the application.

But I cannot stress enough that you've got to understand where and how
this data is coming from, in what format, and *DESIGN* your application to
have the data you want in the place you want.

Going about it like you are now, just sort of guessing at what's there and
trying to slap in a patch to change it, is going to drive you crazy in the
long run.

Your solution isn't necessarily wrong:  Your approach to making the
decision is :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm