Hi, I don't know what functions to use so maybe someone can help me out.
I want to grab a URL's source (all the code from a link) and then cut out
a block of text from it, throw it away, and then show the page.

For example, if I have page.html with 3 lines:

<!-- line a -->
this is line a
<!-- end line a -->
<!-- line b -->
this is line b
<!-- end line b -->
<!-- line c -->
this is line c
<!-- end line c -->

i want my php script to grab the source of page.html, strip out:

<!-- line a -->
this is line a
<!-- end line a -->

and then display what is left, how would I go about doing this?  I don't
know what function to use to grab the page.  for the string to remove, I
know I can probably do a str_replace and replace the known code with
nothing.