"Mattias Thorslund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (On the subject of templating engines, again.)
>
> I wonder what you folks think of the following:
> http://www.massassi.com/php/articles/template_engines/

hi!

It is nicely written, but actually, I think completely oposite from you. The
way I see it, the statement that "template system purpose is to separate
bussines logic from presentation", is the biggest missconception about
templates :)

Not that I think that bussines logic should not be separated from
presentation logic, it is only that I think that it shold be separated in
your php code design, l, not by the template system. And html, and code
should be separated, one is used to model static and visual concepts, and
another to model  dynamic concepts. And they usually get defined by people
with completely different skills and even mindsets.

Anyway, I do not think there is "One Right Way", of looking at templates. I
for one would never be satsfied with "fat" temlates like they are in Smarty
for example. But on the other hand I understand that there are people that
would never trade their Smarty templates. So as we do not get to exclusive
about how thing must be done, we could get along nicely :)

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/
http://www.folderscavenger.com/