David Christensen wrote:
I know I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find it or figure it
out.  I've done the google search, and I've done a quick scan of the
list archives, but I can't seem to find the right way to remove
control-M from a form submission page with textarea fields.

I have a series of "textarea" fields that can/and do contain the dreaded
^M characters.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove
them before I save them to the database, and how to remove the ones that
are all ready stored there when I query them back to the browser from a
web page.  Also, if I do remove them, how do I make sure I format the
text correctly when I push it back to the browser as the default values
of these fields?

Point me to the elixir of knowledge and let me bath in the fortitude of
a master regex expression to rid me once and for all of the dreaded
^M!!!

Thank you, and good night!

... = str_replace("\r\n", "\n", ...);

But I don't see how this would infuence the default values of form inputs, plain htmlspecialchars() should be enough.