Angelo Zanetti wrote:
thanks richard.

In the PHP.ini its set to on but in the .htaccess file we've set it to
OFF. could this still be causing the problem??

run phpinfo() inside the directory

thanks again

Angelo Zanetti
Z Logic
www.zlogic.co.za
[c] +27 72 441 3355
[t] +27 21 469 1052

Richard Lynch wrote:

On Thu, May 5, 2005 3:37 am, Angelo Zanetti said:

this is quite weird but apparently on the one server if you user $user
as a variable name thats what causes the problem.
I simply renamed my variable to something else and it worked, I find it
strange that it worked on 1 server and not the other, is it possible
that the different apache versions are responsible for this situation??

This would indicate to me that you've got register_globals "ON" and that your EGPCS settings are clobbering your $user variable with data from, say the environment $_ENV

I'm betting that if you do:
echo "ENV $_ENV[user]<br />\n";
echo "GET $_GET[user]<br />\n";
echo "POST $_POST[user]<br />\n";
echo "SESSION $_SESSION[user]<br />\n";
echo "COOKIE $_COOKIE[user]<br />\n";

in the script that was giving you trouble, you'll find that one of those
is set.

Actually, since they could be set to the empty string, you should be
echo-in isset($_XXX['user']) in the above test.

The correct solution, then, is to turn register_globals OFF.