Ryan A wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for replying.

Since its a forum and she is not doing any advertising its important the

search engines index the site

properly or shes going to have a big forum with no visitors. Then I read

that the search engines dont like

frames much....so I was thinking of using iframes and then I read about

the "evils" of iframes...so I thought

I'll ask you guys for your opinions/suggestions as I'm dead outa ideas

and a bit confused...any alternate ideas

too would be appreciated.

As a compromise solution, you could greet visitors to the forum with a
welcoming 'splash' page that displays your flash animation etc (please,
please put a 'skip intro' link for the sake of repeat visitors) and then
pass to your forum page(s).

Hehe, not too many people here who like flash eh?
Have a look at the flash file and tell me what you think...it will be on the
top part of the page:
http://a2ztips.com/a2ztips/forum/test/test1.swf
as you can see I cant really make that as an intro file and then skip to the
forum

You could even put a static jpg at the top of
the forum of the final image (ie once all that funky animation has played
out) of your flash file, if you want to carry it over for a consistent
look / feel.

Thats a good idea, problem is the links for the navigation is on the flash
file
(http://a2ztips.com/a2ztips/forum/test/test1.swf  - not yet linked)

weird, I see only white screen.

certainly, iframe will not help you. iframe is loaded each time together with the main page, so the flash will play anyway.