Richard Lynch wrote:
On Sat, June 4, 2005 3:53 am, Chris Drozdowski said:

Will PHP scripts that work properly with the current version (1.0.4) of
Firefox need to be modified for the feature detailed below in Firefox
1.1?

See:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/deerpark/new-web-dev-features.html

"URIs always sent as UTF8

URIs are now always sent to the server as UTF8, regardless of the
linking page's encoding. This fixes images and links on sites with
non-ASCII filenames."

AIUI, UTF-8 is a super-set of ASCII.

So if your filenames are all ASCII, you're fine.

filenames... but what about query strings? I use get method for search pages. I wonder if the "funky" characters will make it through.

If you've been using funky characters like umlauts and they've been
magically working, you could be in trouble...

At least, that's my best guess.