Dotan Cohen wrote:
I've got an array $items which has about 200 entires. I want to print
them out in random order, but as usual, I have a catch! I need to add
a 'key' so that if need be, I can always return to the same 'random'
order, like so:

$items=predicatable_random($items, "qwerty");

so for each place that I need the items rearranged, I will replace
qwerty with a different string, and get a different 'random' order. I
haven't played around with it much as I stumbled into a brick wall
fairly early and can't get much going. Any ideas?

I tried to play with usort, uksort, ksort, and various combinations
with shuffle. The 'randomization' can be based on qualities of each
string, such as 'sort alphebetically by the 7th character', so I
thought that I'd try that, but I got lost in explodes and such.

Seed the generator with some integer using srand():

srand(384884);
$a = range(0, 100);
shuffle($a);
print_r($a);