From: Joe Harman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:45 PM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] Re: Echo array string index?

Hey Matt,
 you can print out the contents of your array by using print_r($arr)
 but more useful is using this
 foreach ($arr as $key => $value)
 {
 echo "Key : ".$key." Value : ".$value;
}
 Adios
Joe
 On 7/13/05, Adam Hubscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt Darby wrote:
> > I have an array setup as such: *$arr['generated text']='generated
> number';*
> >
> > What would be the best way to echo the key in a loop?
> > Seems pretty easy but I've never attempted...
> >
> > Thanks all!
> > Matt Darby
> >
> I'm not sure I understand the question.
>
> You could do foreach($arr as $key => $value) { print($key); }.
>
> There are also a number of functions that get the current key on the
> array's pointer:
>
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.key.php
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.array-keys.php
>
> But once again, it really comes down to what exactly it is you want to
> do...

Joe Harman
---------
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson